Verifone intros new mPOS device, Carbon
Verifone's Commerce Platform sits behind Carbon as an open-architecture app marketplace that enables merchants and software developers to leverage the hardware to engage consumers with apps and services during checkout.
Verifone today unveiled Verifone Carbon, a new integrated POS device designed by Verifone and powered by Intel that enables much more than payments, according to a press release.
Verifone's Commerce Platform sits behind Carbon as an open-architecture app marketplace that enables merchants and software developers to leverage the hardware to engage consumers with apps and services during checkout. Verifone has partnered with Danish beverage bar Joe & the Juice to showcase Carbon this week at Money20/20 Europe.
"Today, merchants need trusted tools and services to create simple, secure and engaging consumer shopping experiences and new ways to grow their businesses," said Glen Robson, executive vice president of Verifone Systems. "Verifone Carbon is our most well-designed and technologically advanced product ever."
Features of Carbon include:
- Integrated design with dual screens: Merchants run register and business apps from the tablet screen; consumers pay and interact with personalized, targeted messaging from a smaller screen.
- World-class processor and operating systems: The merchant side is powered by Intel running an open Android OS; the consumer side is powered by the Verifone Engage platform.
- Portable and countertop: The system can be detached and reattached as needed; an ergonomic handle allows perfect balance and mPOS activities.
- Accepts all forms of payment: Swipe, tap or dip with the chip slot positioned for both portable and countertop.
- Built to last: Enhanced scratch- and impact-resistant surfaces offer optimal screen clarity with Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Connectivity: Always on, always connected with USB, Ethernet, WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Battery Life: Up to six hours of uninterrupted mPOS power.