SmartPesa deploys Android POS for Southeast Asia
Payment and agency banking provider SmartPesa is launching an Android POS solution in Southeast Asia, providing a single payments terminal for card and wallet checkouts.
The solution, according to a press release, provides a richer merchant experience and streamlined updates to user interface. It supports card payment schemes including Visa, MasterCard, UnionPay and JCB debit and credit cards, as well as mobile wallets including OVO wallet, according to the release.
The solution provides the following features:
- Merchants can quickly process card and QR payment services.
- Access to rich loyalty schemes for point reward, coupons, cashbacks and redemption.
- Support for cash register, cloud point-of-sales and pay-at-table solutions.
- Digital receipt management with full searchable transaction history.
- Streamlined reconciliation for business owners.
"We are excited to cooperate with SmartPesa who has taken the lead to bring our modern A920 terminal to Indonesia, and simplified the deployment across the region," said Eric Li, regional sales director of Asia Pacific at PAX, in the release. "In combination with the ecosystem and value-added services powered by SmartPesa's technology, our Android A920 gives merchants in Indonesia a cost effective and efficient solution designed to meet their payment needs."