Grange Insurance offers enhanced consumer coverage against cyber attack
Grange Insurance announced will offer consumers expanded coverage against hacking threats through its new Home Cyber Protection coverage.
The company has previously offered insurance to protect a customer’s identity if they were the victims of an attack, but the expanding coverage is designed to protect home systems that use connected devices and smartphones, according to a press release.
The company released a survey in October showing that households, on average, had about six connected devices at home and 65 percent of consumers were planning to add more. The study also revealed 81 percent use public Wi Fi networks and most accessed those networks with a mobile phone.
The expanded coverage offers the following:
- It helps remove malware and reprograms computers, tablets, Wi-Fi routers and other access points.
- Restores smart home devices, including smart phones, thermostats, smart appliances and security systems.
- Protects against cyber extortion and will pay ransom if a customer is a victim of a ransomware attack upon approval.
- Assists with losses due to online fraud, including phishing attacks, illegal bank transfers, forgery and counterfeit currency.
- Helps recover files and data lost in a data breach, including forensic IT and legal review and recovery.